Green Acres Trailer Park Rules and Regulations
- As safety is a number one priority, all trailers must be equipped with working smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers. No unlicensed/uninsured person is allowed to work on propane systems. Each trailer owner must insure their unit for fire and liability and show proof of the policy at the start of each season. Each trailer must also have a valid propane inspection certificate.
- Septic System: Proper use of the septic system must be followed. Do not put any diapers, sanitary products, cigarette butts, coffee grounds, food and the worst of all, cooking grease down the toilets or drains. Single ply paper must be used. If your trailer has a holding tank, the proper chemicals must be used to break down the solids. Do not use chemicals that just deodorize. Please make sure your visitors are made aware of the proper usage of the septic system.
As in any septic or sewage system, there is always the possibility of a back-up. For this reason we strongly recommend that you install an anti- backup sewer valve on any trailer that is not equipped with a holding tank. If your trailer has a holding tank, you should close all black water and grey water valves before leaving the park. This should prevent any back- up into your trailer. Green Acres Trailer Park will not be held responsible for any damages caused by a sewage back-up as we cannot control what people put down the drains and toilets. Management does what we can to keep everything running properly but you, the customer, have to make sure to use the septic system properly. If you notice a problem, please notify management immediately so that we can remedy the situation.
If you need further advice on the proper use of the septic system or advice on installing an anti back-up valve, speak with John.
- All trailers coming into the park must have a holding tank.
- The park has 2 seasons to offer. The first opens for the opening of pickerel season and closes Thanksgiving weekend. Secondly, we offer an extended season on certain sites.( April 15- November 15)
- Full payment for the seasonal lot is due opening weekend. Customers are responsible for the entire lot fee once the season has started. No trailer shall be removed from the property until the lot fees have been paid in full. Late fees of 2% per month will apply to all outstanding accounts after May 31st.
- A deposit of $400.00 is payable on every site Labour Day weekend to hold your lot for the following season. This deposit is non-refundable.
- Children riding bicycles must obey the speed limits. Bikes are to be ridden on paths and roads only. Stay off other peoples lots. Do not ride bikes on docks.
- Speed limit throughout the park is 5 MPH. There are many young children playing. Please be careful and do not speed. Be aware of the dust created by your vehicle.
- Please do not climb, cut or deface trees. Ask management about removing branches etc.
- We are only responsible for disposing of household garbage which must be bagged in clear bags, tied and placed in the garbage bins beside the laundry room. The City will allow 1 opaque grocery bag per bag for privacy items (sanitary products etc.) If recyclable items are visible in the bag- you will be asked to sort through it, or take it home. Any other type of refuse (tires, furniture, lumber, junk etc.) must be disposed of by you at the city dump. If this is not possible, speak to management to make other arrangements.
- All fish remains must be placed in the cans at the fish cleaning hut.
- Place all yard waste at the side of the road for collection.
- Only items that can be recycled are to be left in the recycling area. All items must be able to fit inside the bins and must be placed in loose (not bagged) Please break up all cardboard and properly sort your recycling. All containers must be rinsed prior to disposal.
- We are not responsible for disposal of the contents of your old trailer when you are upgrading to a newer one or selling. Please see management for disposal of all these items which will be at your cost. (dishes, furniture, bedding, shed contents etc.)
- All pets must be on a leash at all times. Owners must clean up after them. Please keep dogs and cats off the beach. Your pets may swim at the boat ramp. Do not leave your dog unattended in your trailer if they continually bark. Pet waste must be disposed of in the "Pet Waste" bin in the garbage area. Excessive barking will not be tolerated.
- Young children must be supervised at all times.
- All add-a-rooms must be prefabricated and purchased through management from H+H Patio Systems. No building is allowed except for decks. Plans must be approved by management. Storage sheds must be aluminium or vinyl. Only one shed per site is allowed and must be kept in good shape. Maximum shed size is 8'x10'
- Lots must be kept neat and trimmed at all times. A fee will be charged if staff has to cut the grass etc. if trailer owner doesn’t do it. Please remove any unsightly clutter that is around or under your trailer or shed. Please remove any laundry that has been hung up once it has dried. Keep gravel driveways weed free.
- Boat docking is done so at your own risk. It is recommended that that boat not be left in the water in your absence. Do not attach anything to the docks before speaking with management. There is to be no lending of docks to visitors. Guests with a watercraft must be assigned a dock at the office. Launching and or docking fees will apply.
- If you do not rent a seasonal dock, you cannot store your boat/PWC on the property for the season. Boats/PWC can only be brought onto the property for the time that a dock has been rented.
- Winter boat/PWC storage- Seasonal rental of a site and//or boat dock does not include winter boat/PWC storage. Storage fees will apply to those wishing to store their boat/PWC on Green Acres property during the winter time. Boats must be stored on your own lot only if space allows and/or at managements discretion. Green Acres is not to be held responsible for any damage/theft of your boats/PWC.
- Quiet time is 11 PM. Please have consideration for your neighbours.
- Campfires are allowed at the waterfront in the pits provided or on your lot in an approved outdoor fireplace.
- Please respect other people’s privacy. Do not cut through lots. Use the roads and pathways.
- All trailer sales must go through management. A 5% commission will be charged. All purchasers of trailers must be approved by management before the unit is sold.
-Any trailer coming into the park can be no more than 7 years old and must be in good condition and have a holding tank. Everyone should keep their trailers and lots in good repair. It doesn’t take much effort to wash the trailer and keep things neat. At our discretion, we may suggest to some owners that they seriously consider upgrading their trailer.
- Due to the high cost of service fees, trailer site fees can no longer be paid with a credit card. We accept cash or cheque.
- People wanting to put tents up on their site must have permission from management to do so and will be limited to a pre-determined time limit. A daily visitor fee will apply.
- Due to local by-laws, fireworks are not permitted anywhere within the park.
- Visitors: Your site is rented to you, your spouse and your children under the age of 19. All other people over the age of 2 including grandchildren, family members, friends etc, are considered to be visitors. You, the trailer owner, must ensure that your guests register and pay the visitors fee at the office as soon as possible. Please limit the amount of visitors you have on weekends and long weekends as it is an added stress on park services.
- Management reserves the right to evict anyone not abiding by the rules. One warning will be issued. If the problems persist, the person or persons responsible will be asked to leave the property. Park fees are non-refundable
- Green Acres will not be held responsible for any accidents or injuries, however caused, while you and your visitors are on the premises of Green Acres Trailer Park. You are responsible for you and your families safety. If you see something that needs our attention, please notify us.
- All trailers and decks must be fully skirted on all sides. Privacy lattice or vinyl skirting may be used. It makes it so much nicer for your neighbours to look at and improves the overall look of the park. Trailers coming into the park have one season to skirt the entirety of their trailers/decks.
- Please observe the rules that are posted at the beach regarding swim toy use.
- Due to the limitations of the septic systems, please do not use or install any clothes washing machines in trailers. Please only use the park provided facilities, or use the Laundromat in town.
- Do not transport firewood from other municipalities into the park
- Off season visits- When your specific season has finished, please limit your visits to the park to what is only necessary to check on your trailer. Early/Late setup, building or lengthy stays are prohibited. During winter, the roads are not maintained, entering is done at your own risk.
All trailer owners must be willing to sign a License to Occupy to come into the park
License of Occupation
Green Acres Trailer Park
(A Division of J&J McBride Enterprises Ltd.)
8 Green Acres Lane
Bobcaygeon, Ontario. K0M1A0
Occupants Name:_________________________________________________ Site#:__________
Postal Code:____________Telephone:_________________ E-Mail __________________________
The owner has agreed to license the Occupant to occupy the above site for the current season with the services included on the invoice. The licensing of the above site by the owner to the occupant shall be in consideration for and subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. It is agreed between the parties that the intended use for the specified site is for recreational/vacation purposes in a campground or trailer park. The campground or trailer park is designed for seasonal or temporary use only and as such cannot be used as a permanent address.
2. It is agreed and understood that the actual use that is made of the site is to be for seasonal or temporary periods of time only. As well, the Occupants shall maintain another permanent address elsewhere, other than Green Acres Trailer Park.
3. It is agreed and understood between the Owner and the Occupant that the words "seasonal or temporary periods of time" as set out in paragraph 1 and 2, shall include periodical or recurrent use of the site during the parks operating season, and not beyond.
4.This license is personal to the above named occupant and those eligible family members, in accordance with the campground rules, as follows: The registered owners of the trailer and immediate children living at home under the age of 19
Owners Names (Maximum 2) Children under 19
5.This license is for the occupation of the site specified only and the Occupant acknowledges that he is a licensee with respect to any facilities assigned to him and is deemed to have willingly assumed, without restriction, all risks arising out of his use of the site and the campground.
6.All charges for a deposit, storage, site fees, services, etc. are due and payable when invoiced. Interest shall be payable at 2% per month (24% per annum on all over due accounts) A $25.00 charge for any returned cheques will be charged.
7.All deposits are non-refundable and are held against the final balance owing in any year. The deposit is forfeited as liquidated damages and not as a penalty upon breach of any term of this agreement.
8.The use of the specified site shall be for recreational and/or vacation purposes only. In addition to the specified site, the Occupant shall have the use in common with others so entitled to all common areas provided without additional charge.
9.The Occupant hereby acknowledges receipt of and agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of the rules of the campground as presently in existence, being Schedule B hereto, or as may be reasonably established or at the discretion of the Owner modified from time to time. Amendments to this license may be made at the sole discretion of the owner.
10.The Occupant herby undertakes and agrees that he will inform any family members specified in the license or otherwise, as well as guests, visitors or other persons attending at the Occupant’s site as to the campground rules. The Occupant is responsible for the observance of the campground rules personally or by his immediate family members, guests visitors or other person attending at the Occupant’s site or in the campground with the occupant permission or knowledge.
11.Any failure to remit any payments under the terms of this agreement and any breach of any of the rules of the campground by the Occupant, his immediate family members, guests, visitors or other persons attending at the Occupant’s site, shall be deemed to be a breach of this license and this license may be immediately terminated at the option of the Owner.
12.The Occupant hereby authorizes and directs the Owner, upon termination of this license for any reason, to act as the Occupant’s agent for the securing and/or removal of any of the Occupant’s’ property from the above site, or elsewhere in the campground, and the Owners shall not be liable for any damages thereby occasioned.
13.The Occupant hereby undertakes and agrees to abide by all the terms and conditions of any applicable municipal, provincial or federal laws an regulations and any failure to do so may be deemed to be by the Occupant, his immediate family, guests, visitors or others attending at the Occupant’s site with the Occupant’s permission, a breach of this license
14.The address for notification under the term of this license, or otherwise shall be as set out above unless written notice of a change has been given by regular first class mail. Any notification pursuant to the term of this license shall be deemed to have been received five working days after it was posted.
15.In the event of any default of any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, the Owner shall have the following rights:
a)On fourteen days prior written notice delivered or deemed received under the terms of this license to re-enter upon the above site and repossess the site terminating the contract;
b)To sue for any overdue payments or damages arising out of a breach of this license together with interest, costs of any solicitor on a solicitor and client basis together with any other costs of any nature or kind which may be incurred in repossessing the site and collection of overdue payment or damages;
c)To seize any goods or property on the site subject to any applicable provisions of the law and to sell the same to recover any monies or damages owing;
d)To bar the occupant, his immediate family, guests, visitors or other attending at the occupant’s site with the occupant’s permission from:
i.) Staying past 8:00 pm on any night of the aforementioned fourteen (14) days;
ii.) Attending or participation in any common activities as may be held in the campground;
16.The Occupant acknowledges and agrees that no sales shall be advertised or conducted on any site, and all sales must go through and be approved by management.
17.This license is personal to the Occupant and is not assignable.
18.In the event that this site shall be repossessed under the terms of this license, any goods including any trailer that the Occupant has left on the site shall be deemed to be an article as defined by the Repair and Storage Liens Act of Ontario, (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), may be removed by the Owner, who shall be deemed to be a lien claimant and storer under the Act, to whatever location the Owner deems appropriate and the Owner in such removal and storage will not be responsible for any loss or damage to such goods. The Occupant will be responsible for any storage costs and moving costs incurred, together with any outstanding fees or charges or any other monies due under this agreement and the Owner may be prosecuted in accordance with its provisions.
19.Notice is herby given that entry to the campground is permitted only for activities conducted in accordance with this license and the rules and regulations as they exist and all other activities are prohibited in accordance with the provision of The Trespass TO Property Act, R.S.O., 1980, Chapter 511, as amended. Any person violating this notice or failing to leave the premises immediately when directed to do so shall be in violation of the said Act and may be prosecuted in accordance with its provisions.
20.The Occupier of a site shall exercise such care as is reasonable in maintenance of the site during his occupancy to see that any person entering on the site, and the property brought on the site by those persons, are reasonably safe while on the site, and shall save us, the Owner, harmless from any claims as a result of the failure of the Occupant to do so. No add-ons, additions or site improvements shall be incorporated without prior written approval. If such approval is granted, such add-ons additions, or improvements must be incorporated so as not to impede the expeditious vacation of the site and removal of the Occupants property.
21.By his/her signing of the license the Occupant hereby represents and warrants that he/she has the responsibility and/or authority to sign on behalf of family members, guests, visitors or other persons attending at the site from time to time.
22.This license, including the schedules hereto, shall constitute the entire arrangement between the parties. There is no representation, warranty, condition or collateral agreement affecting this document other than as expressed herein in writing. This license shall be read with all changes of agenda and number required by the text.
23.The Owner assumes no responsibility for any loss through fire, theft, collision or otherwise to trailers, additions, improvements or cars or their contents, regardless of cause. The Occupant agrees that the use of the campground or its facilities is solely at the risk of himself, his family and guests. The Occupant, his family and his guests, for themselves, their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE the Owner, his agents, servants, successors and assigns OF AND FROM ALL CLAIMS, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action, whether in law or equity, in respect of death, injury, loss or damages to himself, his family or guests or their property HOWSOEVER CAUSED, arising or to arise by reason of occupation of the above mentioned site and use of the campground or otherwise, whether prior to, during or subsequent to this AND NOTWITHSTANDING that the same may have been contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of any of the aforesaid. The Occupant further undertakes on his own behalf and on behalf of his family and guests to indemnify all the aforesaid from and against any and all liability incurred by any of all of them arising as a result of or in any way connected with this license.